The City government and organizations within the city offer many resources to help businesses and property owners on Philadelphia commercial corridors:
- Philly 311 A one-stop shop and directory for City-based information and services. From trash removal to building construction to vacant lot clean-up, Philly311 can answer questions and direct residents, businesses, and property owners to the appropriate City resources.
- Commerce Department Storefront Improvement Program The City of Philadelphia can reimburse up to 50% of the cost of eligible storefront improvements to a maximum of $8,000 for a single commercial property, or up to $12,000 for a multiple address or corner business property.
- Commerce Department InStore Program A forgivable loan program that helps eligible retail, food, and creative for-profit and non-profit businesses purchase equipment and materials associated with establishing a new location or expanding at an existing one.
- The Merchants Fund The Merchants Fund is a long-running Philadelphia charity that provides grants on an annual basis to established small businesses in the city.
- TEC Capital Corporation TEC’s Capital Corporation provides microloans to local small businesses, and will work with businesses that have had difficulty obtaining loans for start-up capital and business growth to address financing needs.